Collection of information
- We use your Personal Information to provide the Service and administer your inquiries. When you register through the Site, become a User, post a Listing, book an Accommodation or contact a User, we will ask you for Identity Information. We may also ask for Billing Information for certain transactions. If the address of a Listing you post matches that of your credit card billing address, that address is considered Identity Information. Some Personal Information are mandatory, like your name and email address, and others are optional, like your date of birth. We may require address confirmation for Accommodations included in Listings.
- We collect Personal Information when you register for the Service.
- We may collect Non Identifying Information as part of registration and the administration and personalization of your Friday Flats Account profile. We use Non-Personal Information mainly to provide the Service, complete your transactions and administer your inquiries.
- Non-Identifying Information becomes Personal Information if combined with information that enables you to be identified. We may combine Non-Identifying Information with your Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Users to improve your user experience and Service quality and to analyze and understand Service usage. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, including to introduce a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- We may use your Personal Information to contact you with Friday Flats newsletters, marketing or promotional information and to provide you Service notifications. If you do not wish to receive these communications, your can unsubscribe or opt out with the relevant notification features or following the unsubscribe instructions in the communication.
IP Addresses and Cookies
- Our servers automatically record information that a User's browser sends (Log Data). This Log Data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type or the webpage you visited before the Site, pages of our Site visited, time spent on those pages, information you searched on the Site, access times and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Service and technical administration, to increase our Site functionality and user-friendliness, and to better address User needs. We also use this information to verify that Users meet the criteria required for certain transactions. Log Data is not Personal Information and is not used in association with Personal Information. We may aggregate, analyze, evaluate and deal with Log Data as if Non-Identifying Information.
Usage of Collected Information
- From time to time we use electronic images Web beacons (or single-pixel gifs) together with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our Site are used. From time to time we use Web beacons in our emails to track emails and links readership and click-throughs.
- Users may contact Users with the Contact Users feature on the Site. Where you do so, the email addresses will be used only for the purpose of sending the email to the addressee account from which you import your contacts and will only use it for that purpose only.
- We do not at any time request your credit card information, Account ID, login password, national identification numbers or other Personal Information in a non-secure or unsolicited email or phone call.
- Listings posted by Hosts, ratings and reviews of Hosts and Guests and the Profile Information of Hosts and Guests are public information on the Site.
- When you create an Account, we will set up your Account profile page. Your Account profile page includes your name. You can select Personal Information you wish to be included in your Account profile page, including a profile picture, your SNS groups, your SNS friends or connections who are also Users, connections between your Account and SNSes, biography and links to your Listings (Profile Information). We publicly display on the Site your Profile Information in your Account profile. With your prior permission, we display on third party sites your Profile Information. Information you choose to provide as part of your Profile Information is public. You control how much you want other Users to know about you. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and we encourage you to control carefully Profile Information. You can review and revise your Profile Information at any time.
- We may publish your Listing publicly on the Site and enable third parties to publish Listings on their websites through the use of widgets. We may identify the geographical location of your Listing with a map and show the neighborhood of your Listing. We do not disclose your address until you close a transaction with another User.
- If you make a booking, we will disclose the following information to the relevant Host: (a) your name, (b) a link to your Account profile page, (c) names of your SNS friends or associations, and (d) an indication that the name that you provided to Friday Flats matches the name that you provided to the SNSs linked your to your Account. This information is intended to enable the Host to decide whether or not to accept your booking.
Disclosure of your information
- When a Host confirms a booking we will disclose to the Guest the Host's Identify Information, including name, phone number, address and email. We disclose to the Host the Guest's Identify Information, including name, phone number and email. A Guest's Billing Information is not disclosed to a Host.
- We may disclose to third parties aggregated information that does not include Personal Information, Non-Identifying Information and Log Data for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes.
- We will disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal processes (including subpoenas), to protect the safety, property or rights of any person or to stop activity which is or may be illegal, unethical or actionable.
- We may sell, transfer or otherwise deal with any of our assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition or other reorganization, whether solvent or insolvent.
- You may review, update, correct or delete Personal Information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or editing your profile. You can cancel your Account with the Cancel Account feature of the Service. Cancelling your Account does not remove reviews you post on the Site, which remain public. After you cancel your account, we may continue to retain information about you, as required for our business purposes or to comply with applicable data retention laws.
- When you enter sensitive information (including Billing Information) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect Personal Information during transmission and in storage. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is secure. We do not provide any security service standards or assurances. If you have any questions about Site security, you can contact email@example.com.
- Where required by applicable laws, and subject to restrictions required for investigation, restoration and law enforcement, we will as soon as practicable disclose to you breaches of security, confidentiality or integrity of your unencrypted information.
- With your consent we may post your testimonial on the Site and identify you as the author. If you want your testimonial removed please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Site is not directed to individuals under 18. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If parents or guardians become aware that their child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, they should contact us at email@example.com. We will delete the Personal Information of a child under 13 that we are aware of.